Thursday, December 27, 2012

A time to prepare. . .

So I've mentioned that I'm serving a mission, but this Christmas break has really helped me focus and I wanted to write a post about the mission.  So here goes it,
  The Mission Post. 

Excerpts from my Journal, to catch you up:

October 6, 2012
   President Monson announced a change in missionary service.  Young men can now serve at age 18, and Young Women at age 19.  
   I AM NINETEEN YEARS OLD!!! I can serve a mission!
   ...I'm pretty positive I'm going to serve a mission... I'm so excited and I feel like this was an answer to so many of my prayers. 

October 13, 2012
   Ever since deciding to serve a mission after the announcement in Conference I have felt so many emotions! ...This whole week was such a testimony to me that as I give my all on my mission the Lord will make up the difference. :) What a comfort.

October 26, 2012
   Elder Holland said, "God is anxiously waiting to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams. Just as he always has.  But he can't if you don't pray and he can't if you don't dream.  In short, He can't if you don't believe." I seriously felt the truth of that when President Monson announced the change of missionary ages. God is listening to my prayers.

October 29, 2012
   Men are that they might have JOY- not anxiety. Sometimes I think I get confused or something. 

November 10, 2012
   MY MISSION CALL HAS BEEN ASSIGNED!!! I'm getting my call on Wednesday!!! I'm getting more and more terrified everyday. 



November 15, 2012
   So I got my mission call yesterday.  I'm going to Spokane, Washington! ... I am totally excited- it just doesn't feel real... and it's almost like I don't know if it's really going to happen. BUT IT IS. and I'm excited. even if i'm a little scared.

December 23, 2012
   I'm loving focusing all my thoughts on PREPARING TO SERVE A MISSION and all the things I could and should improve on.  I have a long way to go- and every day I see more areas where I need to improve-  BUT TODAY I WAS ABLE TO REALLY GET EXCITED FOR MY MISSION BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I WILL LOVE GROWING AND STRETCHING IN THAT WAY. I'm still nervous, but I feel so blessed to have this opportunity and I am grateful to have more time to prepare and be patient.
   I'm going on a mission.
          IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!!

December 26, 2012
   I'm getting so excited for my mission because I'm realizing it is another chance for me to Really love people and do everything I can do help and serve them.
   I'm going to be a Missionary!

So there it is.  I'm excited.  I'm nervous.  
But I'm going, yes, it's really happening. 



I guess that's why this girl got her wisdom teeth out.  :)  
Yeah, the deed is done, and it wasn't even horrible.


This break has been too good to me. 
Giving me time to prepare and  to enjoy myself. 
Music. Preach My Gospel. Friends. Family
I even went running last week. Should I be going more? Yes. 
But I went running. 
And when I got done, I laid on the floor and looked 
at the ceiling for probably 15 minutes.  This is what came of it: 


From the shapes in the ceiling I watched a message unfold.
      A man travels.
             A dog barks.
      A story waits to be told.

From the clouds up above and the birds in the trees,
   There is life in the sky,
          And in the ant colonies.

There are lifetimes and memories,
               Opportunities gone.
        Examples to set and truths to pass on.

And one story is waiting to be shared with all nations,
       Of the One who first loved us,
               The King of All Creations.

So packing my things, wearing in His shoes
        I prepare to be a messenger,
                  of this gospel's good news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment