Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's about time...

I figure it's about time I write a new post.  And I have a lot on my mind so it's probably a good idea.

Or you could say- I have a lot on my mind so it's probably a bad idea.  

I guess we'll see . . . 

So remember that mission thing? I get to leave in one week.  One week from today. 7 days.  SEVEN.  
Fourteen more times to brush my teeth.
Seven more breakfasts.
Six more dinners.
One more Sunday with my family.
One more concert with all my friends.
One more weekend.
A good solid 6 1/2 days to spend with the people I love.

I'm feeling everything that I think it is possible to feel. Really, all of it.
Excited. Strengthened. Nervous. Untouchable. Weak. Loved. Alone. Distant. Distracted. Attentive. Faithful. In love. Heartbroken. Beautiful. Successful. Hardworking. Lazy. Wanting to serve. Anxious. Busy. Happy.
Stressed. Crazy. Uncontrolled. Vulnerable. Uplifted. Disheartened. Full of Joy. 
The list goes on and on.

But with all of this I feel so at peace.  I love the scriptures.  I love the gospel.
I love PEOPLE. I love Heavenly Father. and I get to go serve a mission.

Today I was reading in Helaman 5.  In verse 4 it says, "And it came to pass that Nephi had become weary because of their iniquity; and he yielded up the judgement-seat, and took it upon him to preached the word of God all the remainder of his days, and his brother Lehi also, all the remainder of his days."

I felt like I related so much to Nephi and Lehi as I read that because I am quite ready to yield up the life I have now to preach the word of God.  I hope I come home a new person, far better than I am today, and I hope I continue to improve throughout my whole life so that I can preach the word of God all the remainder of my days.  I love the gospel and the scriptures and I feel so blessed to be able to go on a mission.

Heavenly Father is too good to me. I am so thankful to have a Father in Heaven who is willing to do everything possible to make me happy, and a Savior who has felt my heartaches and stresses and he validates me when I am in pain.  I know He is here telling me that He believes in me.  When I am hurting, he can put his arm around me, rub my back a little, and assure me that all will be right.  We can all have this.  

I think it's about time for me to get out there and serve. It's about time for me to give up the life I have now.  It's about time for me to forget myself and remember Him and all He has done for each of us.  

It's about time...

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you are so ready for this wonderful experience in life. You will be a great Sister missionary. "Go Forth In Faith" and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete