Monday, July 2, 2012

The Sting of Death...

I'll admit that some days I miss her a lot,
And I wish she was with me again,
But today I am grateful to know her so well,
And I sit here remembering when:

She'd scratch my back as I fell asleep,
Let me help her make dinner sometimes,
She'd teach guitar to the neighborhood kids,
And send me to my room when I cried.

She shared her love with everyone that she met,
Took notes in church every week,
Around campfires she'd bring the music and laughter,
She's just who I want to be.

I'll admit that some days I sure miss her a  lot,
And I wish she was with me again,
But today I am grateful to know her so well,
And I sit here dreaming of when:

We'll be with each other catching up on the past,
Forgetting when we were apart,
We're so alike I can't wait for the day,
When it won't feel like she is so far.



Just had to say that I am so grateful to know that I can see my mom again, and I can't wait for that day!  :) This gospel is a beautiful thing. :)

"But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ." - Mosiah 16:8





No comments:

Post a Comment