Saturday, November 24, 2012

Life's Alright. :)

Thanksgiving break? 
HEAVEN. 

I had no idea how bad I was yearning for a break until it came and my mind was blown.  Completely blown. I'm going to be honest: I didn't even hate writing an essay tonight, because I haven't done any homework since Wednesday.

Also:  My family is stellar.  My friends are stellar.  My life is stellar.

I made this video of some of my favorite memories from this semester... and I watched it a bunch of times just to get happy. MY FRIENDS ARE SO COOL.



Since I'm feeling super grateful for my friends lately I've just gotta get it out- so please bear with me as I express my love for just a few of the people who have been such a positive influence on me this semester. I want to be more like all of them... :)

My ROOMMATES:

JENNIE is one of the kindest people I have ever met.  My roommates and I always joke about her being perfect, but we don't actually think it's a joke.  She is incredibly easy to talk to and is great at making you feel good about yourself when you need a boost. She is the greatest listener and totally validates me when I'm going through something hard, no matter how silly it is.  Sometimes I pray that I can be more like her. 

KELSI is the kind of friend that will stand up for you if anybody treats you bad, and she will not tolerate you not standing up for yourself.  She has an amazing gift to love people and show them that she cares about them, and she is so fun to talk to because she is great at understanding what you are feeling and feeling it with you. 

MISSY is such a great example to me because of the love that she shares with everyone and how positive she is about life.  She works so hard in her classes and still has so much fun and I totally admire the way she lives her life. Her life isn't easy, but from the outside it just looks like she has got it figured out, and I think that's because she knows how to center her life around Christ and stay motivated. :)

MEGAN is one of the most sincere and considerate people I have ever met and living with her is such a blessing to me.  She is the kind of person that always knows when I'm having a bad day, even when I tell her I've had a good day.  And when a day has been bad- she's there to listen no matter what's going on in her own life.  She's positive and fun to be with and she adds a really good kind of fun to our apartment. 

LINDSEY is selfless and kind and always improving herself, which I totally admire.  I swear she is always finding something she can improve at- and improving it.  She'll probably reach perfection soon and then she'll be translated.  Somebody should beg her to stop improving, because I want to keep her around. She is so good to me and I love knowing that if I need a wing-man, she's most likely going to be the one there. 

The BOYS:

MICHAEL is like Jennie because I think he is perfect.  He is handsome, funny, sensitive (in a good way), kind, etc, etc.  He's got it all.  The first thing I liked about Mike was that he treated everybody so kindly, and I continue to be amazed at his capacity to serve and be a gentleman.  To be honest he's kind of a counselor to me, and I am so grateful for the many amazing conversations that I've had with the kid. :) 

SEAN was one of those people that I always wanted to be friends with, but didn't know how it could actually ever happen because he was just on a whole different level than me, but then it happened.  The rockstar decided to be my friend and I've been blessed ever since.  He's an incredible teacher, leader, and friend because he has such an amazing testimony and a great sense of humor.  My two favorite things.

NATHAN is another one of those people that I want to be just like.  I've definitely prayed to be able to obtain qualities that I've seen in him. The more I get to know the guy, the more amazed I am. He is talented beyond comprehension, but he is one of the most humble people I have ever met. No matter who you are he's going to treat you good, and he's going to make you feel like you are awesome. 

REILLY is someone that is so fun to have a good conversation with.  He is easy to talk to and fun to be around.  One of my favorite things is making Reilly laugh because it makes me feel like I've done something amazing.  It's not that he never laughs, he's just got a good laugh. I'm also always amazed at how willing he is to put in so much time to his calling.  He's a solid guy.

BEN is cool. He always makes me happy because I swear every time I see him he asks me how I am doing and how my day has been.  He smiles a lot, which is one of my favorite things, and he enjoys playing games and having fun. Ben could potentially be a secret superhero or something.

CLAYTON used to intimidate me because I thought he was so funny.  Now I just think he's funny and I'm not intimidated because I think he pretty much accepts everybody. He's got a stellar girlfriend, and he's really nice.  And funny.  Aside from being fun he's a really good friend.  I think he compliments all his roommates every time I'm at their apartment, which is a lot. So he's amazing. 

     **GIRLS, if you are looking for a husband, consider the boys mentioned, if they aren't taken.  They are going to make six women VERY, VERY happy. :)**

Now what's even more amazing, is that there are so many more things I could say about each of them, and there are so many more people I could say things about, but this is it for today.  I had to get out some of my gratitude because my heart wanted to explode. So there it is.  Some gratitude for a small portion of the people who have recently affected me for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment