Thursday, May 10, 2012

Like Mother Like Daughter

I am so grateful for all of the people in my life that knew my mom and have shared a bit of her spirit with me. It has been incredible as I have grown up, feeling her here with me through the things I do, and the people I am with.  I know that she has had such an influence on my life, and I am so grateful to have felt her so near so often.  

The other day I was talking to my Uncle Dan and he said, "Sarah, Every time I look at you,  I just see Sally."
I don't know if he could know how much that meant to me.
My mom is my hero, and she always has been. 

When I was nine all I wanted was to grow up to be just like my mom.
I started writing poems, like her.
And songs, like her.
And as I got older I did the things she enjoyed because I felt that it would bring me closer to her,
and I really feel that it has. 

 So here I am. Sarah Jane Meservy; Daughter of Sally Oxborrow Meservy.  Blessed to be so close to a mom that at times feels so far away.  I have truly found who I am as I have searched for her, and being as similar as people say we are, I can't wait until I get to be with her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment