Friday, May 25, 2012

Moments of Reflection

As I was walking home from work the other day I ran into my friend Abraham.
I sat next to Abraham in my Book of Mormon class, and he always made me so happy. Abraham is deaf, so we needed a translator to talk to each other, but I was always amazed at his possitive attitude and he was SO fun to talk to.  The way he told stories from the Book of Mormon, almost acting them out Always made my day.

So when I saw Abraham crossing the street the other day, I ran up to him because I was so excited!  We shook hands and I screamed his name, and asked him how he was doing.  I know he couldn't hear me but I think he understood my excitement.  I told him it was good to see him and continued on my way but I looked back and he was still watching me.  Then he got an excited expression on his face, remembering how he knew me- and he said, in the best way he could, "Book of Mormon!" I smiled and nodded my head and he gave me one of is awesome thumbs ups.

Seriously though, this absolutely made my day.  Abraham reminded me what happiness is, and I'm so grateful I ran into him- it has brightened my week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment